sabato 12 maggio 2012

My thoughts about the "Damon met her first" thing.

Screenshot by Wikipedia
Here's the "phonecall from hell" where Elena "dumped" Damon's a$$ after being told that Klaus had died and so would Damon & Stefan soon (along with Caroline, Tyler, Abby etc.) since Klaus was the source of their bloodline:
I love him, Damon. He came into my life at a time when I needed someone and I fell for him instantly. No matter what I feel for you, I never un-fell for him.

I can't think about always. All I can think about is right now, and I care about you, Damon, which is why I have to let you go. I mean, maybe if you and I had met first.

I won't linger on how retarded Elena's reasons to choose someone sounded or on how pathetic and forced is the context they set up to have her make her choice (with Damon CONVENIENTLY out of town). I think it all speaks for itself.

What I want to talk about is Elena's last, pointless, childish line - "maybe if you and I had met first" - related to the flashback where we discover that she DID meet Damon before Stefan, even though on the same tragic night when her parents died.

I still don't get how so many DErs can be happy about this "Maybe if you and I had met first" line. It's lame. BULLSH*T. A big fat SLAP in the face. I'd feel DEEPLY OFFENDED if I were Damon. Is that even a reason to choose someone? Gosh, it's so RETARDED! I don't want her to change her mind about Damon (IF she EVER will) just because she'll remember she met him before Stefan. It'd be so LAME and above all meaningless. If she's EVER going to change her mind, I want it to be because she realizes that she fell in love with him ALONG THE WAY. Their long, hard-fought BUILD-UP is what has a meaning to me. Nothing else. That effing phonecall made the entire S2 and S3 vanish in a glance. It was like watching 2x01 all over again. Where have the TWO seasons in between gone? It let me so down... if she needs to remember that she met Damon first to give him a chance, then all the build-up meant NOTHING at all. It'd piss me off big time. End of story.

P.S. - Just to make things clear, I'm not pissed because she chose Stefan. I expected it... they made it so obvious. It's the way they made her make this choice that drove me MAD. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get over it. Those few words she uttered killed my Delena soul. It's the worst thing they could slap into our faces after the "Maybe that's the problem" line in "Dangerous Liaisons" (3x14).

One last thing. I suggest that you read this blog post as well. I quote every single word: One shipper perspective by DK Burrow

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

I commenti a questo Blog sono moderati. L'amministratore si riserva il diritto di cancellare senza preavviso commenti considerati offensivi o a scopo di spam.